Several months ago, I told you about the Strawberry Almond Smoothie my husband drinks for breakfast almost every morning.
Today I wanted to share my version – the Awesome Blueberry Almond Smoothie! It’s an adapted version of the same smoothie we found in Dr. Mark Hyman’s 10-Day Detox book that has some other amazing recipes.
I really like this blueberry almond smoothie because it has some fabulous, healthy ingredients including
- Ginger root and cinnamon for digestion and blood sugar regulation
- Walnuts, almond butter, and avocado for those healthy fats you need to get your metabolism going
- Blueberries – which are my favorite super fruit!
And, I think it tastes pretty good, too.
Give it a try and let me know what you think by commenting below!
- 1 Cup of water
- 3-4 ice cubes, depending on how thick you want it (more ice = thicker smoothie)
- 1 Tbsp raw almond butter
- 3 raw walnuts
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 tsp ginger root
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- I use the Ninja Pro, and it works amazingly well. If you want to make smoothies on a regular basis – get one!
- Anyway – put all the ingredients in your Ninja Pro (or other blender), and blend until you reach the desired consistency.