It’s recipe time again, and I’m so excited to share this easy peanut butter banana protein smoothie recipe!
I had been playing around with a few different things and trying to find an “afternoon snack” that would be pretty. I tried various smoothies and shakes from a couple of different places, but most of them have enough “additives” that I didn’t really like the idea.
So, I figured I’d give this recipe a try –
And I sure am glad I did!
I think there are probably a few tweaks here and there I might make and see what the results are, but this was pretty doggone good to start with.
The best part – it truly is super easy! Super fast! And Super Good!
Easy & Delicious Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1/4 Banana
- 1/2 Scoop (~16g) of your favorite protein powder. (I use Optimum Nutrition’s Vanilla 100% Whey Gold Standard. You may recognize it from my All-Natural Recovery Drink Recipe and as one of the best protein powders you can buy.
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp PB2 Peanut Butter Powder
- 4-5 pieces of ice
- Put all the ingredients in your favorite blender, processor, etc.
- I, of course, use my Nutri Ninja Pro that I absolutely love. It does an amazing job and makes the shake smooth and wonderful.
- Blend until smooth. Then enjoy!
For one full shake
- Calories – 155
- Fat – 3.9g
- Carbs – 14g
- Sugars – 6.1g
- Fiber – 3.4g
- Protein 18g
This shake is quite tasty, and it packs a pretty powerful protein punch.
The next time I make it, I’ll likely freeze my banana first to add a little more slush to it.
You could also try it with different flavored protein powder. Maybe add some cocoa powder or use the PB2 that also has chocolate. And, of course, you could also try different fruits.
I may try playing a little more with the amount of almond milk and ice to get it exactly the perfect thickness.
If you make his shake or find a mixture you like better, please comment below and let me know!
Let’s Get FIT Together!