I know it’s time for all the food of the land to play Cinderella’s carriage and turn into pumpkin, but I’ll reserve that recipe for next month.
This recipe for No-Flour Banana Cake comes from one of my all-time favorite blogs – www.detoxinista.com.
I was impressed at how quick and easy it was to make.
And even more impressed at how moist it is!
I love that it doesn’t have any flour for all the gluten-free folks. Those gluten-free flours can get very expensive. I also love that it is sweetened with only bananas – no added sugar or sweeteners of any kind!
Basically – like I said – quick, easy, and yummy! And the peanut butter adds a good bit of protein as well.
I will say that it could be a bit sweeter.
She offers the option of adding dark chocolate chips or making a paleo chocolate “icing” to put on top. Both sound like pretty good options. Maybe add some honey. Of course, all of these options also add calories.
Maybe I’ll add some stevia next time. I also thought about adding some protein powder, but I figured I had better just go by the books the first time around. I’ll update if I add some protein later. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Easy No-Flour Banana Peanut Butter Cake
- 3 Large bananas – mashed (~ 1.75 cups mashed)
- 1 Cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 Large eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil or butter
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas as much as possible. I mashed mine to a pretty chunky consistency.
- Then add the peanut butter, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and cinnamon and stir until blended very well into a loose batter. I stirred mine with a fork to further “mash” up the bananas.
- Once you have your batter, pour it into your 9×13 pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and it has a firm center.
This cake should be okay stored in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks (If it lasts that long!).
This information is per serving for 15 servings…
- Calories: 146
- Fat: 9.6g
- Carbs: 9.6g
- Proteins: 5.8g
- Sat Fat: 1.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sugars: 3.9g
If you make a batch, let me know what you think!
Let’s Get FIT Together!