I don’t know where you’re from, but down here in the South, there is a divine decadence that makes an appearance at every church homecoming, pot-luck dinner, and family gathering.
Different people call them by different names – cow patties, preacher cookies, or just plain old no bake cookies – but regardless…
I call them UH-MAZING!
So, when I found this recipe for healthy no bake cookies from The Frugal Farm Wife, I was super pumped to give them a try!
One MAJOR caveat: These no bake cookies may be healthy because they are made with wonderful, all-natural ingredients, but they are in NO-WAY low on calories, fat, or carbs!
But, they are wonderful and delicious!
Make yourself a quick batch and give them a try! Then let me know what you think!
- 1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter – the kind you have to stir that does not have sugar in it.
- 3/4 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup Butter from grazing, grass fed cattle (Or you can use coconut oil)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2.25 Cups Quick Oats (I’ve also made them with rolled oats, but I like the quick oats a little better.)
- Place the peanut butter, honey, and butter (or coconut oil) in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and nuke for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and stir the ingredients well.
- Repeat 30 seconds of microwaving and stirring until the ingredients are well-blended (You don’t want to heat the honey too much, so just get everything incorporated well.)
- Add the vanilla – stir.
- Add the cocoa powder – stir
- Finally, add the oats, and stir well.
- Use a spoon to drop cookies onto a pan covered with wax paper or parchment paper. (You can make them whatever size you want, but remember – they pack a pretty calorific punch!)
- Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once they’ve cooled, eat a few…I mean, place them in an airtight container and keep them refrigerated until ready to eat. (I learned the hard way that they get pretty ooey-gooey when they get a chance to warm up.)
That’s it – pretty simple. Now for the not so good news:
Per serving for 20 servings –
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbs: 20g
- Sugar: 10g
- Fiber 2.3g
So, if you’re looking for a natural, healthy alternative to processed, preservative-packed cookies – these are amazing!!!
Let me know what you think!
Let’s Get FIT Together!