I absolutely love to cook using the slow cooker!
There’s just something magical about dumping a whole bunch of stuff in that beautiful crockpot and then coming home to the amazing smell of a finished and ready-to-eat meal.
I also quite enjoy that feeling when I walk in the door after working all day and remember, “Oh yeah! Dinner is already ready!!!”
Because I do enjoy the magical slow cooker meal so much, I wanted to share this heavenly quinoa, sweet potato, and black beans in the slow cooker recipe!
I know it sounds a bit odd, but I had some cooking the other day during my workout group, and by the end, the amazing aroma had everyone drooling!
Oh did I mention – it’s super easy, too!
Give it a try, and let me know what you think. I hope you love it!
- 2 cans of chicken broth (14.5 oz each)
- 2.5 cups chopped boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 large can petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil (28 oz)
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (I actually don’t peel mine)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (say it with me – “keenwhah”)
- 1Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1Tbsp chili powder
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
These are pretty tricky, so be careful (kidding)
- Dump the chicken broth, chicken, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, sweet potatoes, quinoa, minced onion, chili powder, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in the slow cooker
- Stir it all together
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours
This information is per serving for approximately 6 servings. Keep in mind that varying the amount of any ingredient will change the nutritional content.
- Calories – 386
- Fat – 3g
- Carbs – 65g
- Protein – 30g
- Fiber – 16g
So, throw it in the slow cooker and give it a try!
Then comment below and let me know what you thought about it!
Let’s Get FIT Together!