First, I’ll give you a partial list of who I am not, but summarize it all by saying –
I am not your stereotypical “woman.”
- I am not a partier. I’d rather hike 10 miles up a mountain than buy candles, jewelry, makeup or handbags.
- I am not your typical pretty girl. I’ve never had a pedicure (on purpose – don’t touch my feet) or highlights in my hair – though I did rock out some awesome perms back in the day. And a relaxing day for me more likely involves rafting, riding my road bike, or sitting in a tree stand – not enjoying an amazing massage at the spa – I know, I’m a little strange, right?
- I am not a mom. I’ll be up front and honest about that. So, moms, I don’t know exactly what you’re going through, but I still think I can help. Trust me on that.
- First and foremost, in the words of Matthew West, “I am a child of the one true King!.” That fact supersedes anything else I will tell you. THAT should consume my entire identity.
- Refer to #1 and realize that just like you, I am working every day to make the power of that truth paramount in my life.
- I am organized, intense, and competitive. If I can win – look out, ’cause I’m comin’ for ya! If I can’t win, I just won’t play…. totally kidding… I’ll find a way to win…kidding again. Or am I?
- In case you haven’t figured it out, being active and healthy is a HUGE part of who I am. I believe we are called to be good stewards of everything God has given us, and that includes our bodies, or God’s “temple” as Paul calls it in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. I must take care of it and honor God by doing so.
- I have a passion to teach others how to honor God by being good stewards – not only of their bodies but of all God’s amazing gifts to us.
Often in my job, I hear, “How can I be fit?”
“Fit” can have multiple meanings in various settings, and this site will be no different.
We can be FIT physically – muscular strength, aerobic endurance, appropriate weight, etc.
We can also be FIT in other areas of our lives – emotionally, financially, spiritually, and so on.
The primary thing I want to supply is this:
Faith Inspired Training
My mission is to use writing, speaking, and coaching to encourage and empower those who feel stuck in discontentment so they can overcome their obstacles in order to accomplish greater things than they dreamed possible and live an abundant life worthy of their calling.
Get ready! Lace up your sneakers! Put on the full armor of God!
Let’s get FIT Together!