Are you looking for a super delicious, super easy recipe that is actually pretty good for you?
Great! You’ve come to the right place!
If you’ve visited this blog very often, you know that I LOVE to use the crock-pot! (Just check out these recipes right HERE.) This creamy chicken noodle soup recipe is one that you can definitely prepare in the slow cooker, OR in a nice big pot on the stove.
Also, this recipe is fabulous for meal prepping, because it makes about 13 or so cups!
I break it down into 2-cup servings, so you’re good for at least 6 meals!
Who doesn’t love that?
Plus, there are basically only 5 main ingredients plus spices!!! You really can’t get much easier, especially because I found frozen versions of all the veggies so there’s no washing, peeling, or chopping! Also,I didn’t do the math, but I’m pretty sure it’s a pretty inexpensive 6 meals, too!
It’s really hard to beat that!
Are you ready to try it out?
Adrian’s Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Rotisserie chicken cooked, skinned, and pulled. (I just buy the ones already cooked from the deli at the grocery store)
- 1 Carton of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Large can (or 2 small cans) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Small bag of frozen peas
- 1 Bag of frozen mirepoix mix (This is by far my new favorite thing!!!)
- 1 tsp each of parsley, chives, & tarragon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups whole wheat egg noodles
These are pretty tricky, so you might want to write them down (totally kidding).
- Put the chicken, chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, peas, mirepoix, and spices in your crock pot and stir well. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Since the chicken is already cooked, you basically just have to cook it long enough for the veggies to be good and done and for everything to mix well.
- After 4-6 hours, prepare the egg noodles per the instructions. Add them to the soup mix and stir well.
Did you get all that?
You’re ready to eat!
Per 2 cup serving. Obviously, though, numbers can vary based on the size of the chicken and bags of veggies.
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 6.8g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbs: 20g
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
Keep in mind, this IS a soup with chicken broth and canned soup, so it does have a good bit of sodium (1,610mg). So, if blood pressure issues plague you, or if you tend to retain water, stick with lower sodium foods.
If you try the creamy chicken noodle soup, let me know in the comments below!!!
I look forward to hearing from you!