I LOVE FALL!
It’s one of my top 4 favorite seasons. Sorry – I had to.
Really, though, I do love fall. I love how beautiful the leaves are as they change colors. I love the crisp, cool air in the mornings. I love the smell of a bonfire. I love football.
And I love chili!
On a cool, fall evening, there’s nothing like enjoying a big ole bowl of super easy slow cooker chili.
There’s just something about that warm chili on a cool night!
I wanted to share with you my super easy slow cooker chili recipe. You can mix and match the beans differently if you prefer. You can use different seasonings if you’d rather, but this is how I do it.
I hope you like it!
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey, deer – your call, but mine is with deer)
- 1 pack mild chili seasoning (reduced sodium)
- 1 pack original chili seasoning (reduced sodium)
- 1 large can tomato sauce (~28 oz)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (~28 oz)
- 1 can black beans (~15.5 oz)
- 1 can red beans (~15.5 oz)
- 1 can light read kidney beans (~15.5 oz)
- You can also add whatever typical chili ingredients you like – chopped onions, green peppers, jalapeños, etc.
- Brown the burger first until fully cooked.
- Pour the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, light red kidney beans, and 2 packets of seasoning in your slow cooker and stir.
- Now drain the can of black beans and red beans then add them to the slow cooker and stir.
- Now add the cooked ground meat and – yep – stir.
- Let cook for 6-8 hours.
- You can also cook this on the stove over low heat, but you just have to watch it more closely.
Give the recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Let’s Get FIT Together!