I love this stuff!
You HAVE to try out this Tasty Black Bean and Quinoa Salad Recipe!
When you read the recipe, your first thought might not be, “Man! I gotta have me some of that!” but after you try it…Whooaa, Buddy!
Quinoa is a great “replacement” for grains such as rice because it has a similar texture but is also a complete protein. A 1/2 cup serving (which is a good bit) only has 126 calories with 4 grams of fiber and almost 5 grams of protein.
Did I mention it tastes amazing?
Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
- 1/2 Cup dry quinoa
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 Cup cilantro (fresh is better, but dried is fine)
- 1 Can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Can (you can use a whole one if you like corn a lot) Yellow Corn drained
- 1/3 medium red onion
- 1/3 Cup chopped sweet red peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Follow the directions (on the bag/box) to prepare the quinoa in the chicken broth.
- (I have an AWESOME Instant Pot IP-Duo that does an amazing job of preparing perfect quinoa in about 15 minutes. You just pour in the quinoa and chicken broth, put the lid on, push some buttons, and let it go.)
- While you wait on your quinoa, get a big bowl and whisk together the liquid ingredients (olive oil, lime juice, and red wine vinegar) and the spices (cumin and cilantro).
- Add the black beans, corn, sweet red peppers, red onion to the mixture and stir well.
- Once the quinoa is ready, stir it in to your mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can eat it immediately, but I like it better after it’s been in the fridge for a while so all the ingredients have time to combine together.
Enjoy! Like I said, I LOVE this stuff! I hope you do, too!
Nutrition: Info is for 1 serving of 1/2 cup
*Screen shot from MyNetDiary App