Who doesn’t love chocolate?
No, seriously. What kind of person doesn’t love chocolate?!?
Just kidding (sort of). Well, I know most of you out there are like me and crave some of that wonderful deliciousness but are trying to cut back on as many “bad things” as possible.
I think I have the solution for you – check out these YUMMY (and “healthier”) chocolate chip muffins!
Now (full disclosure here) they aren’t as amazing as the full on white flour, butter, and sugar muffins, but they are quite scrumptious and satisfy those chocolate cravings without all the sugar.
Give them a try, and let me know what you think!
- 2/3 Cup graham flour
- 2/3 Cup unenriched naturally white all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg – lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 packets Truvia
- 1/2 Cup all-natural, no sugar added applesauce
- 5 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the graham flour, all-purpose flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and Truvia.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the egg, almond milk, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Separate the batter evenly and bake for 15-20 min.
- 12 servings (1 muffin per serving)
- 101 Calories
- 3.6g Fat
- 15g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 4.3g Sugar
- 3.3g Protein
Now get to it! Get in that kitchen and make some muffins!
Then let me know what you think.
(You can put whatever types of chips you like – chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, etc. You could even throw in some chopped apples, walnuts, blueberries, and so on.)