Over the past several months, roasted vegetables have become just about my favorite thing.
I’ve been roasting just about everything, from fresh Brussels sprouts and asparagus to even using a frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend. The fresh veggies always taste just a little bit better, but the frozen ones work almost just as well.
This week I tried something new – Zucchini and Squash!
See, this is that time of year where (very thankfully) all sorts of people start bringing us zucchini and squash, and I had sort of run out of things to do with it.
Up until this point I have always just sliced up my zucchini and squash with a little onion, thrown it in a skillet and let it saute until it was ready.
I like it just fine that way, but I figured since this whole roasting thing has worked so well with basically EVERY other vegetable I tried, WHY NOT?!?
So, you want to know how it turned out?
You’ve probably guessed that since I’m writing about it here, they must have been pretty good. Well, if that’s your guess, you’d be exactly right.
I was certainly not disappointed, so I figured I’d share the recipe I used with you and let you enjoy it your very self.
Yummy Roasted Zucchini and Squash
This gets tricky…
- 2 Medium Yellow Squash sliced or chopped
- 3 Medium Zucchini sliced or chopped
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Onion powder to taste
I didn’t peel my veggies, and they turned out just fine, but if you prefer to peel yours, go for it!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a large roasting pan/cookie sheet with nonstick spray – I like coconut oil spray.
- Stir the sliced/chopped squash and zucchini together with the EVOL and spices.
- Stir pretty well to make sure all the veggies get a good coating of oil and seasonings.
- Cook for ~20 minutes or until they are the tenderness you like best.
I separated this into 4 servings, but it’s a lot of veggies per serving!
Each serving contains approximately:
- Calories: 101
- Fat: 7.6g
- Carbs: 7.9g
- Proteins: 3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugars: 5.8g
Try these out and let me know what you think!
Let’s Get FIT Together!